Sunday, June 24, 2007

Salvation Light

NO, my life, can't be,
it's not my fault, yes, no
interspersed, the two extremes scream
so loud, so shriek
so sharp, so piercing
The faults lie
full of cunning ruin
I thought I could, thought I could conquer
but was defeated, humiliated
thrown headlong into mud.
At least it hides me,
hides my body, with scars etched along its sides

I grip that whip once more
Raise it up, to lash
down; my hell

Then,

Something came in
Yet it did not add weight,
it pushed out a little of the old
the old me
and made me light

What could it be,
a little hydrogen?
No not the destruction of ol' hindenburg
Mine is clean, its ablaze
but with soft light upon the lampstand

No, not helium
as I go to the streets,
the highways and the byways
I do not squeak or screech
I speak boldly
before the men of the world

It makes me light
with a little heaven
inside me
Its not an element
He's Jesus

No comments: